The mission of a Toastmasters Club is to provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which each member has the opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth.
- Toastmasters International club mission statement
What will I learn at Toastmasters?
You will learn how to:
- Gain confidence speaking in front of an audience
- Learn how to structure your speech
- Improve your body language and vocal skills
- Hone your presentation skills and use of language
Why North Sydney Achievers?
North Sydney Achievers (NSA) gets together every 2 weeks to improve our public speaking skills and improve our self confidence in a friendly environment. We have lots to offer!
- Experience. NSA has been operating since 1986 and has many accomplished members.
- Fun. We pride ourselves on the friendly, relaxed and enjoyable environment of the club meetings. Many a firm friendship has been forged at NSA and we’d love to meet you too!
- Diversity. Our members come from a broad range of background and walks of life. Some come to Toastmasters to help with their career, others to practice their English, gain confidence or simply enjoy the great company!
- Venue. We meet in our reserved function room at the Union Hotel, on Pacific Highway, twice a month. More details and map
- Resources. The club has a collection of helpful materials on public speaking and leadership that members can borrow. We also have a growing collection of online resources for budding Toastmasters.
If you want to improve your public speaking and leadership skills and develop more confidence to communicate your ideas clearly, then North Sydney Achievers is the place for you!
Sounds great! What next?
Come and visit us! We would be happy to welcome you at our next meeting.